Friday, February 19, 2010

Today was a gift

I know no other way to explain it.
I am so grateful for today. I am thankful for the time I had with my sister and I am filled with emotions about the time I spent with my precious God Son, Brent.

I was able to spend 4 hours at the hospital today. It has been very difficult not being able to be there during these past 2 weeks - yes two weeks! It will be two week tomorrow (Saturday afternoon) from when Brent was involved in his horrible car accident. I have only been able to go to the hospital two other times prior to today. I have felt very helpless and filled with fear and sadness for Brent. I didn't feel like that today.

Brent was not awake but I am confident that he knew I was there. I am confident that he felt my presence and my love. I was able to hold his hand and touch his arm. My time with him was short, but special. I would have liked to have stayed longer but when you are in the ICU that's just not always possible.

He's a fighter and he is fighting. I am so proud of you Brent - keep fighting! I will see you soon.

No comments: