Thursday, September 3, 2009

Update on Belle's condition

The Scan Results seem good. The left ventricle is full decompressed and the right is partially (not completely sure what all that means). So his intitial thought is that the shunt IS working. However, after speaking with Belle's pediatrician the decision is that we need to take her to the ER (now) and have a blood and urinalysis completed. This will rule out a urinary tract infection which is VERY common in children who have Spina Bifida. If that comes back normal they may "tap the shunt" which can tell thim if there is an infection.

Okay - off we go. The boys are going to be here with their Grammy. As always, please keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Howe Family said...

Thank you for the update. Fingers, toes and all crossable body parts crossed, with of course plenty of prayers thrown in for good measure. Love and hugs to all of you, from the Howe family

Mommy of three said...

We will pray for you all night.
God bless you all.
Love from Greta