Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Update on today's appointments

Thanks everyone for all the positive thoughts, calls and e-mails for a good day today. It was a good day (I can see that now), although I just couldn't snap out of my funk. I was sad and cried most of the day. I'm guessing it's just typical preggo hormones coupled with the stress of today's appointments/topic.

The Dr. was really great. He had a wonderful bedside manner, was very down to earth and easy to talk to. Has he done as many back closure surgeries as we would have liked? No. Is that going to be the deal breaker? Honestly, probably not. My heart felt good about him. I think Branden felt the same as well. We are still deciding if we want to meet with the Dr. at CHOC
but truly are not sure that anything he says will actually make us not want to go with the local Dr. Hope that make sense.

Spina Bifida Clinic - well that was a bit overwhelming. Lots of kids, Dr.'s, therapists everywhere! They said we were lucky we came on a calm day (what, we thought??) We were a bit surprised since we thought it was a bit crazy. Everyone was very nice and informative though. We were pleased to find out that we will most likely only need to bring her there once every three months. We had thought it was an every month thing. Considering you are there for several hours, doing
it less frequently was great to hear.

It was a long day filled with lots of information. Some was good tohear - some not so good. They reminded us of the importance of takingit one day at a time and only trying to deal with the issues/challenges that our daughter is born with verses all the different scenarios that could play out. Good advice, a bit tough to follow, but I am trying.

Thanks again friends for your continued love and support - it means the world to me. I look forward to seeing you all soon!!

Nicole

PS - I am feeling much better now :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This piece of writing is truly a nice one it assists new net users,
who are wishing in favor of blogging.

My page :: teleconference call transcription service