Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Update on today's appointment

Today we met with my OB and had a full measurement ultrasound. Somehow I didn't gain any weight since my last appointment 3 weeks ago. That is just SO hard to believe because I eat all the time, but oh well, it's not something I can stress about. I think I will just hit up Baskin Robbins a bit more over the next few weeks (ha ha). So here's the latest from today's appointment:

There was only a very slight increase in her ventricles (less than 2mm) - nothing the Dr. seemed concerned about at all. We were pleased.

All of her organs continue to look good. Her arms, legs and feet were moving all around. She was also doing a what we all referred to as a crazy yoga pose where one leg was up by her head and the other was down kicking my bladder.

She is still in a breech position, just like her brothers were. Siting with her bottom down LOW.

She (her body) is measuring quite small and her head (circumference, not ventricles) is still measuring 2 weeks behind schedule. They told us this last time, but I didn't mention it as the Dr. wanted to wait and see how this week went. She still isn't overly concerned about it (right now). The concern is that small head growth could indicate a delay in brain development. Obviously, this would be devastating if there ended up being an issues with her brain development. At this point we have only be dealing with concerns that could mostly be fixed or developed upon through surgery or various therapies. We were saddened and worried by this finding but also know there is nothing we can do about it. So enough about that. All we can do is wait and see how she continues to grow. As a side note we discussed how little our boys were when they were born and she said who's to say that if they had been scanned this many times my Dr.'s may have commented on how small they measured as well.

They also encouraged me to stay off my feet as much as possible to help alleviate the soreness and cramping in my legs. I just sort of laughed at that as I see that as almost impossible with with 2 little boys to take care of all day. I will just keep eating my bananas and drinking my water :-)

Since I am moving into my 30th week (on Saturday) the appointments will be more often going forward. Also, I will start fetal monitoring (at the hospital) twice a week until she is born and then my OB appointments will be every 2 weeks until she is born which hopefully will be late August.

Fetal monitoring starts: Thursday, July 2nd

Next OB appointment is: Tuesday, July 14th

I think that is pretty much everything from today. I was very grateful to have Branden, my love by my side to hold my hand and to comfort me in my moments of stress today. It was also great for us to see her kicking, opening up her hands and wiggling her fingers and toes. She also did a couple of big yawns which were adorable. Aside from everything that were are so afraid of we are so very excited for the arrival of our baby girl.

Thank you all once again for your continued love and support. We truly believe in the power of prayer and ask that you PLEASE do not stop praying for our daughters health and safety as she comes into this world and has her surgeries.

No comments: