Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day Tea Party

This afternoon Jack and I attended a Mother's Day Tea Party at his school. He has been SO excited and talking about it all week. He called it our special date to celebrate "Me". He told me that I needed to wear a fancy dress and that hats and gloves were okay too. He said he was thinking about wearing a tuxedo. He was a bit disappointed when I told that he didn't have a tuxedo. He is SO cute!

We drink tea and lemonade and had some yummy strawberry shortcake.


This is us posing with his wonderful teacher Mrs. Bailey - we just love her!

Here's some video of Jack and his classmates singing us an adorable song.


The children sang 2 songs and Mrs.'s Bailey read us a book. Love you Forever by Robert Munsch - one of our favorites. The children each presented their mommies with a hand made card and a beautiful pendant made by each child. This picture doesn't do it justice but I wanted to show it. It is a very pretty pink with lots of sparkle and shimmer.



The card was pretty funny. It was one of those fill in the blanks. Here's what it said:

1. I love my mommy because she is so nice and is very good.
2. My favorite thing to do with my mommy is to play amusement park with her
3. My mommy like to eat pasta with sauce
4. My mommy is 20 years old
5. My mommy has kinda blackish brownish hair
6. My mommy has brown colored eyes
7. My mommy's favorite thing to do is go to Fresh and Easy, Trader Joe's and write me cards
8. My mommy's favorite place to go is Knott's Berry Farm

It was a VERY SPECIAL start to my Mother's Day weekend. Thank you Jack!



2 comments:

Meinhardt Family said...

Hi Nicole,
I saw your comment on my blog. It's so great to hear from you!
Your family is gorgeous! Two adorable boys...I'm sure you have your hands full.
I'm glad you are finding "comfort" in reading our blog. Nellie is such an amazing little girl. I, obviously, have my days, but overall, she is a blessing and teaching me and my family so much about life & love. We are better people because of her. She brings a smile to everyone's face! We also have such high hopes for our little girl. She will accomplish so much in life. SB is not going to detain her from anything she wants!
I'm sure you are excited to be having a little girl! It's so fun to shop for them. :) I tell you, Nellie is going to break my bank!
Do you live in Cali? Looks like it in those photos. We lived in LA for 5 years before moving to Chicago. Man, do I miss the weather.
I look forward to hearing from you more and updates on your beautiful little baby. By the way, do you have a name yet?

5chamberlins said...

So glad that you had a great time!!
I LOOOOVE that he thinks you are 20!! That is too darn cute :o)